Sizes: 10ml, 30ml, 100ml
Umuthi Botanicals Clove Leaf Essential Oil (Syzygium aromaticum) will help with nausea and headaches, and is considered an antidepressant. It also makes for an excellent home disinfectant, and can be used to repel insects.
USES & BENEFITS
- Clove has been used medicinally for centuries, but it is mostly the bud that most people are familiar with as this is widely used in cuisine
- The oil from both cloves and leaves need to be used with caution as they are considered "hot" oils, and may cause skin irritation.
- Clove leaf is used in commercial dental preparations, can be added to mouthwashes, as it has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It can also help relieve toothache as it has anti inflammatory properties.
- Used in massage blends to relieve joint pain and sore muscles.
- Clove leaf oil is good to use in the home as a disinfectant, and it will also repel insects.
- Used in vapour therapy for all respiratory tract ailments, but in small doses as it can also irritate the sensitive mucous membrane in the nostrils
- Breath in the vapour of this oil to reduce mental fatigue and drowsiness, an aid to long distance drivers.
- Clove leaf oil is not commonly used in aromatherapy, whereas clove bud is.
Eugenol, b carophylene, a humulene eugenol acetate.
Botanical name:Syzygium aromaticum.
Part used: Leaves.
Colour: Light yellow.
Consistency: Medium to thin.
- Should be used with some caution given this essential oils natural potency.
- Always apply in a 1% dilution, and after a skin sensitivity test.
- Not to be used for children or pregnant or breastfeeding women.