Dried Henna Black (Indigo tinctoria)
Dried Henna Black (Indigo tinctoria)
3 in stock
Dried Henna Black is the ultimate natural hair colourant and this product produces a black shine with just a slight reddish tinge. It can also be used as a natural colourant in some DIY cosmetic formulations.
USES & BENEFITS
- Indigo leaves in addition to henna leaf and bark, make this black henna a powerful dark natural hair colour
- 100% plant material
- Chemical free
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Indigo tinctoria, commonly known as indigo, is a natural dye derived from the leaves of the indigo plant. While indigo is generally considered safe for use in hair dyeing and fabric dyeing, allergic reactions to indigo can occur in some individuals, particularly those with sensitivities to plant-based dyes or those with sensitive skin.
If you suspect that you are experiencing an allergic reaction to indigo, it is essential to discontinue use immediately and wash the affected area with soap and water. Applying a cold compress can help alleviate symptoms such as itching and inflammation. If symptoms persist or worsen, or if you experience signs of anaphylaxis, seek medical attention promptly.
To reduce the risk of an allergic reaction to indigo, consider patch testing a small area of skin before applying indigo dye to a larger area of the body. If you have a known sensitivity to plant-based dyes or have a history of allergic reactions, please consult with a healthcare professional before using indigo products.
HENNA IN HAIR
- Apply the mix thick into the sections, like putting frosting on a cake. Make sure all your hair is thickly coated with the mix, clear down to the scalp. This technique is very different from chemical dye application. Don’t be afraid to get messy. Don’t be afraid to use plenty of henna. This process is relaxing, cooling, and there is medical test evidence that henna is relaxing, and can soothe headaches.
- When all of your hair is full of mix, wrap your head, clean off your hairline and ears, and rest for 2-4 hours. If your hair is very resistant to dye, you can keep it on longer.
- Then wash the henna mix out of your hair. If you have very long hair, and have a hard time getting all the henna out, lie down in a bathtub full of water and soak for a while. Then it will rinse out easily. You can shampoo the last of the henna out. You don’t need to use any particular shampoo.
- If you want to get rid of the smell of henna in your hair, simmer a teaspoon of lavender buds or rosemary in water, strain out the plant residue and, rinse your hair with lavender or rosemary tea.
- Your hair will take 3 days to settle into the true color. If you like, you can do the roots a few times between full hair applications. You can henna your hair as often as you like: henna is good for you and your hair.
The colour you get will depend on the natural colour of your hair. Because the red-orange dye molecule is binding to the keratin that surrounds the pigmented hair core, the resulting colour is different for every strand of hair, and for every person. The henna stain is translucent, and blends with your own colour. Hennaed hair looks like you grew it yourself.
Henna works wonders on African hair. It does not dye the hair red but it does give highlights relaxes the hair and makes it silky.
How to mix and apply: Indigo tinctoria is a naturally green powder and turns to a darker indigo shade when mixed with warm water. Leave it to sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes for full dye release before application.
Don’t be stingy with the mix. Thicker, longer applications mean richer color. If you like, you can do the roots only a few times between full hair applications. Wear gloves because this will stain your hands. You can easily rinse hair if you lie down in a full bath and swish hair around. Then rinse the rest with shower or hand shower. This works on beards and moustaches, too!
How much should you use? 100g will dye short hair
200g dye collar length straight hair.
300g will dye shoulder length straight hair.
500g will dye waist length hair.
ABOUT THESE BOTANICALS
This product is grown in an organic and regenerative fashion with as minimal use of insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides as possible, in certified organic fertilizer. The product is certified food grade. It is not certified organic. Suitable for Kosher, Halaal and Hindi diets.
My first time shopping with Essentially Natural, definitely will not be my last. Delivery was on time. Had a query about the Indigo powder, the response was prompt and helpful. Thank you for a good shopping experience. 💙💙💜
This is a quality product and one to mix to my henna to get my desired colour. I cannot go with out it
Amazing Product, perfect for my eczema condition. No itching, rashes. Improved my overall hair condition. My hair is shiny and it boost my hair growth and strength.
Love the Henna. Why? Because everything I use to dye my hair gives me an allergy.But this product is amazing.No allergy.Im hooked.Thank you Essentially Natural.
I really enjoyed the indigo it really went a long way cause I could also treat my daughters hair with just the one pack , Getting out of my 4c type hair was a bit of a hassle but a mermaid bath helped, my hair also felt super luscious and nourished