USES & BENEFITS
- Contains only botanical ingredients. Does not contain any para-phenylenediamines (PPD), resorcinol, parabens, ammonia, peroxide, fragrance, preservatives or any other chemical.
- Certified by Beauty without Cruelty
- The selected botanical extract ingredients are chosen for properties that promote good hair and scalp health; they can also help in clearing up problems such as dandruff, itchy scalp and hair thinning.
HOW TO USE LOVE MY HAIR HERBAL HAIR COLOUR
Step 1. Wash and dry your hair. It is best not to use a conditioner for this pre-dye wash. Herbal dyes are sensitive, and if the hair is oily or has any products such as gel on it, the dye will not 'take' properly on the hair.
Step 2. Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix your dye. 100 grams of powder is enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair, depending on hair thickness. Use less if you just want to dye your roots. Put the required amount of powder into the bowl and slowly add warm water, between 350 and 380 ml to 100 grams of powder. Mix into a smooth paste the consistency of custard. The mixture must be thin enough to apply easily to your hair and thick enough not to drip off.
Step 3. Make sure your hair is free from tangles. Put on your application gloves and starting at the top of your head, apply the dye paste to your hair in sections using your fingers. Start at the roots and work your way to the ends of your hair. Apply thickly and put extra paste on the roots and grey areas.
Step 4. When your hair is completely covered, pile it on top of your head. Wipe any excess dye off your hairline and/or ears. Cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. The clingwrap keeps the dye mixture packed closely over the hair and keeps the head warm. This helps the dye application. Leave the dye on your hair for 1-2 hours. The longer you leave the dye on your hair the more intense the final colour. 20 minutes before the end of the application time, you can unwrap your hair, provided that your head stays warm and the dye mixture stays packed on the hair. This can help the dyes to release their colour by allowing the oxidisation process to start. After the application time, rinse your hair until the water runs clear and then shampoo and condition your hair. Warning: do not use a shampoo and conditioner containing essential oils, especially tea tree oil and mint oils, they are not compatible with the herbal dye.
A couple of days after dye application, treat your hair to a teaspoon of coconut oil. Leave for 1-2 hours and then shampoo & condition as normal. For soft, luscious locks, repeat this every few weeks.
The final result:. Allow 24-48 hours for the dyes to oxidise completely and for the colour to stabilise. Herbal dyes are mild and build up layers of colour on the hair. Usually grey hair is completely covered after the first application, but you may need 2-3 applications to cover stubborn greys, especially if you've been using chemical dyes. Allow 12 hours in between dye applications to allow the dye to oxidise.
(All certified organic by the grower): Indigofera tinctoria, Lawsonia inermis, Eclipta alba, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica, Bacopa monnieri, Acacia concinna, Emblica officinalis.
LoveMyHair uses botanical ingredients obtained from eight plants. These plants are grown without the use of chemical pesticides or fertiliser. The extracts are finely ground into powders and carefully blended to create six shades. The plants are used extensively in Ayurveda and Japanese herbal medicine and have been used for centuries to not only colour hair, but also to encourage hair growth, help to eliminate dandruff and detoxify the scalp by improving circulation. The plant dyes work gently by enveloping each hair in a protective film, combining with your natural colour to give you a unique shade as well as a boost of volume and shine.
- Please note that as Love My Hair Herbal contains no chemicals, results on grey hair cannot be guaranteed. Grey hair may need several applications. The best colours for covering grey are flame red and wine red (if a reddish shade is desired) and dark brown.
- Herbal dyes need to oxidise on the hair, so the dye will attain its full colour after 24-48 hours.
- Very few people are allergic to this product. However a patch test is always advisable. Apply a small amount of dye mixture to your inner arm and cover with clingwrap. After one hour, rinse, and wait 24 hours. If you don't experience any irritation during that time, then it is safe to use.
- Avoid inhaling the dye powder when mixing.
- Keep the package and contents away from children.
Each box contains 100 grams of dye powder, a pair of nitrile (latex-free) application gloves, 10 ml of organic, extra-virgin coconut oil in an HDPE plastic bottle and a detailed instruction leaflet. Storage instructions: LoveMyHair contains no preservatives. After opening, reseal the package tightly and store in a cool, dry and dark place.
Please note: product images are for illustrative purposes and may differ slightly from the actual product.